Monday, 21 December 2009

Brittany Murphy dies of heartattack at age 32

December 20th, 2009 2:46 PM
by Free Britney


Actress Brittany Murphy is dead after tragically falling into full cardiac arrest this morning and could not be revived by medical personnel, according to reports.

The New Jersey native was only 32 years old.
A 911 call was made at 8:00 a.m. from a home in Los Angeles that is believed to be owned by her husband, Simon Monjack, the L.A. Fire Department said.
Murphy, whose film credits include Clueless, 8 Mile and Don't Say a Word, was taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and was pronounced dead on arrival.


My Words of Honour


I know she did only sing a few songs, so it's seemingly not suitable for this blog but I can't sleep and I needed to write this off...
When you first saw Brittany you couldn't help but falling for those great dark disarming eyes. She had this irresistable smile and there was something dual about her. Childlike movements, adolescent tempers, ADD-like outbursts and a youthful spirit though at the same time she showed wisdom, had visionlike clarity beyond her age and sported an abbess' passionate devotion to her work. The most obvious asset was ofcourse her looks. Brittany was simply stunning to look at. Both male and female couldn't help but feel aroused around her.



When I saw Brittany for the first time I immediately knew she was something special. I believe it was 'Clueless' or 'Freeway' and I thought to myself, man, she is good! She had this natural acting talent and whatever role she was playing in any of her movies it seemed as if she had no trouble playing it. Like she snapped her fingers saying "I'm this character now." and there the perfect portrayal of that character was. In particular I loved the way she played a junkie-girl. That's a really tough one to portray in a convincing fashion. She did that so convincing, you'd have a hard time believing she wasn't actually an addict. (well not to drugs anyway) Very few actors I've seen in my lifetime had such a quality. Nicolas Cage comes to mind. Maybe Al Pacino. Though one must wonder if it wasn't because of the over-the-top direction of 'Scarface' that you couldn't help laughing over that depiction.

Ms. Murphy also sung some pretty enjoyable tunes in her short lived life. In 2006, she and Paul Oakenfold released the single "Faster Kill Pussycat". I was pretty much on the dancefloor all the time when her teasing and utterly butterscotch sweet vocals pierced into my brain. (oh, well, since we're so damn personal now, pants too... :^))

She did that again with the release of the film Happy Feet (the singing), one of the best feel-good movies I have ever seen (thanx Marianne for showing me!!), in which she covered Queen's "Somebody to Love" and Earth, Wind & Fire's "Boogie Wonderland". If there was not enough going on on the dancefloor those were the songs I thought of immediately. You could get a smile on a paper cup and movement into the pillars with those tracks. In any way, in three minutes the roof would come down, no matter what.

Brittany was in short my lil' angel. I'm pretty sure, I'm one of a thousands crowd. She made me smile, laugh, cry, think, grab myself together when I had fallen and not in the least she made me feel good, acceptive about myself and my shortcomings, optimistic about the future no matter how deep the shitpile I was in, as if she was indeed an angel that had taken all of my worries away. Showing me visions of a future in which anything was possible, if you just set your mind to it.

With the passing of Brittany the world has lost an incredible talented actress, a beautiful and important inspiration for many young girls, and not in the least a human being that lived each day as if it were her last. If one looks at the staggering list of roles she has played in her short life, you know what the meaning of the word dedication is.


Brittany, you were an angel in training, and you've earned your wings but if you every hear me cry, tell me why, why at this young age... RIP cutiepie! You'll be dearly missed!

Eddy (who is surely NOT lite at the moment...)

2 comments: